- File Cabinet
Atlanta’s Trusted Local Locksmith, At Your Service
If it’s got a lock, we can open it!
There’s never a convenient time to find yourself locked out of your car or home. It’s an unfortunate, frustrating event that nearly everyone experiences at one time or another. After years of providing lockout assistance, we’ve got an intimate understanding of these frustrating situations, and strive to make lockouts less of a hassle.
To start, we keep a crew of friendly, reliable lockout technicians available to you, day or night. And we’re poised to mobilize fast, minimizing the wasted time of sitting around and waiting. Also, our experienced technicians are trained to unlock or bypass any lock without causing damage. Lastly, we charge a fixed, flat rate that won’t change when the locksmith arrives. You can trust us for rapid, honest assistance whenever you need it.
Don’t Fall Victim to Unethical Locksmiths!
Be aware that the locksmith industry is riddled with many disreputable companies that mislead the consumer and overcharge for their services. There are a few things you can do to avoid falling victim to their tactics:
- Ask for a flat rate. A reputable locksmith should be able to give you an upfront, flat rate price for their lockout services.
- Check their consumer ratings on trusted websites, such as the Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List
- Don’t be fooled by false advertising claiming super fast response times and extremely low rates.
- Be wary of companies that answer their phones with a generic phrase like “locksmith services,” rather than a specific company name.
- Verify their listed address through websites that allow you to match phone numbers with street addresses. Many times, locksmiths that claim to be “local,” are actually part of a large call center in another city. They list multiple phone numbers, along with multiple fake addresses, making you think that they’re just around the corner. You may be calling different company names with different phone numbers, but unknowingly speaking to the same company. These call centers then dispatch an untrained subcontractor in an unmarked vehicle.
- Make sure they’re a member of the locksmith association, ALOA. You can locate a reputable locksmith at the ALOA website
- To find a local locksmith go to LegalLocksmiths.com
For more information about the widespread problem in the locksmith industry, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website:
FTC Consumer Alert
What to Do If I Was Scammed by an Unethical Locksmith
You’re not alone; many people have been scammed by these unethical locksmiths. But it’s important that you take action so you can help prevent it from to happening someone else. Here are a few things you can do:
- Report them to the Better Business Bureau.
- File a complaint with the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection
- File a complaint against locksmith scams with your state Attorney General.