Protect Your Home From Kick-In Attacks
The most common way that burglars forcibly enter your home is by kicking in one of your doors. It’s quick and easy and doesn’t require any special tools or equipment. And because almost all homes were constructed with the same critical design flaw – the door frames or jambs were built using pine or another soft wood – one or two strong kicks is all it takes to crack the frame allowing entry into your home.
We offer an effective way to safeguard against this common threat – our door reinforcement pieces. A full reinforcement set is comprised of three different pieces:
- Door Frame Protector: a 59” surface-mounted 14-gauge steel plate that’s installed with (12) long screws. These screws penetrate through the frame and deep into the stud behind it hardening the vulnerable frame. This is the most important of the three pieces in the set; if you choose to install only one, this is the one you need.
- Door Edge Protector: a 48” 16-gauge steel channel that wraps around the lock side of the door. This piece is multi-functional, it:
- Closes the gap between the frame and the door.
- Helps prevent the door from splitting around the locks.
- Strengthens the door vertically preventing it from collapsing (especially in the case of a door with built-in windows).
- Helps hold the deadbolt in place.
- Door Hinge Protectors: a set of (2) 16-gauge steel channels designed to wrap around the top and bottom hinge reinforcing that side of the door against failure during a kick-in attack. These are installed with long screws into the door; and, we also replace two of the standard screws of each hinge with longs screws into the frame.
These pieces come in four different finishes and are designed to blend in with your current hardware and/or door. Protect your home with help from Unlockit Locksmith & Security. Call us at (770) 441-0466 now!